Click here to login to E-Services
LICENCE RENEWAL/AUTO-RENEWAL EXERCISE
Licence Renewal/Auto-Renewal Exercise (1 to 31 Oct 2018)
From 1 to 31 Oct 2018, the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) will be conducting the estate agent licence renewal/auto-renewal exercise for year 2019. Key Executive Officers (KEOs) are required to log in to e-service using CorpPass to submit their licence renewal/auto-renewal application to CEA. No hardcopy application form is required to be submitted. KEOs, practising directors and practising partners, who did not fulfil the required CPD credit hours by 30 Sep 2018, and/or are in Medisave arrears without an approved instalment plan by the CPF Board as at 1 Oct 2018, will not be eligible to participate in the renewal/auto-renewal exercise. As part of CEA’s efforts to improve our processes, KEOs will not be required to submit the estate agents’ ACRA business profile for the renewal exercise from this year onwards. CEA will obtain the information directly from ACRA.
Estate agents are advised not to change their KEO during the renewal period or after the licence renewal application is submitted to CEA. A change of KEO during the renewal period may delay the renewal of the estate agent’s licence, due to the time needed to assess and approve the KEO application. Estate agents should have a proper KEO succession plan in place to ensure a smooth leadership transition if the need arises.
Tables 1(a) and 1(b) show the categories of estate agents that are due for renewal/auto-renewal.
Table 1(a): Estate Agents for Licence Renewal Exercise.
Estate Agent Licence Renewal Exercise for Year 2019
The following estate agents are due for renewal of their licence:
- EDMUND TIE & COMPANY (SEA) PTE LTD (L3006301G)
- EDMUND TIE & COMPANY PROPERTY NETWORK PTE LTD (L3007960A)
- ERA REALTY NETWORK PTE LTD (L3002382K)
- ERA INTERNATIONAL (L3010729B)
- HSR INTERNATIONAL REALTORS PTE LTD (L3002226G)
- HUTTONS ASIA PTE LTD (L3008899K)
- HUTTONS INTERNATIONAL PTE LTD (L3008937I)
- ORANGETEE & TIE PTE LTD (L3009250K)
- ORANGETEE OVERSEAS PROPERTIES PTE LTD (L3010742Z)
- ORANGETEE ADVISORY PTE LTD (L3010781J)
- PROPNEX REALTY PTE LTD (L3008022J)
- PROPNEX INTERNATIONAL PTE LTD (L3010584B)
What is required of the Estate Agent
1) Log in to e-service from 1 to 31 October 2018.
2) KEOs/directors/ partners must complete the information required in the application and submit their declarations.
3) The estate agent must upload the Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) document for 2019. For estate agent transacting foreign properties, PII must cover both Singapore and the country(ies) where the foreign properties are located.
4) The estate agent must submit the application online to CEA by 31 October 2018. No hardcopy application form is required.
5) The licence may not be renewed if the application is not submitted on time. An estate agent with an expired licence will need to submit a new licence application from January 2019.
Documents Required (if not submitted to CEA previously)
KEOs/ directors/ partners who have past conviction(s)
- Letter of explanation of the conviction(s),
- Charge Sheet,
- Statement of Facts, and
- Prisons letter (stating admission and discharge dates from Prisons); where applicable.
Estate agent has past conviction(s)
KEOs/ directors/ partners who are undischarged bankrupts
- Latest Official Assignee letter (not earlier than 1 month from date of renewal application) from the Insolvency and Public Trustee’s Office (IPTO) stating regular monthly instalment payments,
- Case information downloaded from IPTO's website, and
- IPTO’s permission to be a director/partner under the estate agent.
KEOs/ directors/ partners who have entered into a composition or arrangement with a creditor
- Latest Credit Bureau Report,
- Proof of debt, and
- Explanation of each debt filed by creditors.
Estate agent is in liquidation or is the subject of a winding-up order, or there is a receiver appointed in relation to it, or the estate agent has entered into a composition or scheme of arrangement with its creditors
- Bankruptcy Order
- Debt Management Programme (DMP) proposal
KEOs/ directors/ partners have received any judgment that involved a finding of fraud, dishonesty or breach of fiduciary duties entered against them in civil proceedings
- Latest Credit Bureau Report
- Case information downloaded from IPTO's website
- Court Judgements and any other related documents relating to the civil proceedings
Estate agent has received any judgment that involved a finding of fraud, dishonesty or breach of fiduciary duties entered against the estate agent in civil proceedings
Table 1(b): Estate Agents Licence Auto-Renewal Exercise
Estate Agent Licence Auto-Renewal Exercise for Year 2019
Estate Agent [excluding those estate agents listed in Table 1(a)] whose licence is expiring on 31 December 2018 is due for licence auto-renewal.
What is required of the Estate Agent
- KEO to log in to e-service from 1 to 31 October 2018.
- KEOs are required to key in the 2019 Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) details and upload the PII document for 2019.
- Submit the e-application to CEA by 31 October 2018. No hardcopy application form is required.
For Estate Agents whose applications that are not received by CEA by 31 October 2018, their licence will expire on 1 January 2019. KEOs of estate agents with an expired licence will need to submit a new licence application from 1 January 2019 onwards should the estate agent wish to be licensed again.