To find out more about the REA examination, please click on the links below:
About the REA Examination
Under the new regulatory framework, persons who intend to assume the role of the Key Executive Officer (KEO) or Practising Director or Practising Partner of an estate agent are required to possess a pass in the Real Estate Agency (REA) examination, or equivalent.
The REA examination is administered by CEA's appointed examination administrator, NTUC LearningHub Pte Ltd. Candidates who wish to register or find out more about the REA examination may contact our appointed examination administrator at:
Tel no: 6336 5482/ 6837-8297
i) NTUC Trade Union House
73 Bras Basah Road
ii) Devan Nair Institute for Employment And Employability
80 Jurong East Street 21
iii) LHub Industry Skill Centre @ Benoi
60 Benoi Road #01-08
REA Examination Requirements
1. Candidates will need to attend and complete the REA Course conducted by a CEA Approved Course Provider before applying for the REA examination. They will be issued with the Certificate of REA Course Completion after they have completed the REA course, subject to a minimum attendance rate of 75%. Candidates are required to produce this Certificate of REA Course Completion when they register for the REA examination.
2. The Certificate of REA Course Completion has a validity period of 2 years for the purpose of determining eligibility to take the REA examination. Candidates are eligible to take the REA examination within 2 years from the completion date of their REA Course. Beyond the validity period, candidates will be required to attend and complete the REA course again before they become eligible to take the REA examination.
3. Candidates must meet the minimum educational requirement of at least 4 GCE "O" Level passes or equivalent when they register for the REA examination. Candidates are required to show their original qualification certificate for verification by CEA's appointed examination administrator when they register for the examination.
4. Candidates who wish to submit their qualifications (e.g. overseas qualifications or private diplomas) for assessment by CEA to determine if they would meet the educational qualification requirement may do so through the Approved Course Provider (ACP) they intend to enrol for the REA course. An administrative fee of $53.50 (inclusive of GST) is payable for each application submitted.
Candidates must fill up the CEA Educational Qualification Assessment Request Form and attach all supporting documents, and they must also produce the original documents to ACP for verification. The CEA Educational Qualification Assessment Request Form is available at all ACPs. CEA will inform the candidate of the outcome of qualification assessment.
5. Applicants who have attained Level 5 and above for the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) assessment in these 5 components (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing and Numeracy) will be recognised to have met the minimum qualification requirement of 4 GCE "O" level passes. Find out more about the WPLN assessment, and register at the Centre for Employability Skills (CES).
6. Modular passing for the REA examination is allowed with effect from July 2015. Candidates who obtain a modular pass (in one or two papers) from the July 2015 REA examination onwards will be allowed to retake only their failed paper(s) in modular re-sitting in subsequent REA examinations. Candidates taking the modular re-sitting of the REA examination are required to take note and comply with the following:
i) Modular re-sitting is only applicable for candidates who have passed at least one paper of the REA examination.
ii) Candidates with more than one failed paper are to re-take their failed papers in the same examination at their next attempt.
iii) There is no change to the requirement for REA course participants to pass the REA examination within 2 years from the date of issuance of the Certificate of Completion for the REA course. Candidates who are unable to pass all 3 papers of the REA examination within the 2-year timeframe will have to re-take the REA course before attempting the REA examination. Partial passes in the REA examination will become invalid once the REA course certificate expires. Candidates will have to re-take the full REA examination again, i.e. Papers 1, 2 & 3.
iv) Modular re-sitting for the REA examination applies only to candidates taking the REA examination from July 2015. There shall be no retrospective consideration for the REA examinations taken before July 2015.
Candidates may refer to CEA's appointed examination administrator for more details on the rules and regulations for the REA examination.
REA Examination Schedule
The schedule of REA examinations for 2018 and 2019 is as follows:
|Year || |
Day & Time
Month of Examination
Wed, Thu & Fri
(7pm - 9.30pm)
Mar, Jul, Nov
Wed, Thu & Fri
(7pm - 9.30pm)
Mar, Jul, Nov
For the latest updates on the schedule of examination dates and closing dates for examination registration, candidates may refer to CEA's appointed examination administrator's website.
REA Examination Fees
The REA examination fees are as follows:
Examination Fee (Include GST)
Full Sitting (3 Papers)
*Modular Re-Sitting (2 Papers)
*Modular Re-Sitting (1 Paper)
Note: Modular Re-Sitting is only applicable for candidates who have passed at least one paper of the REA examination.
REA Examination Syllabus
With effect from the July 2015 REA examination, the REA examination will be set based on the revised examination syllabus. Candidates who have taken the REA course under the old examination syllabus may approach their approved course provider for assistance to help them to prepare for the examination under the revised syllabus.
REA Examination Results Notification
Candidates who have taken the examinations will receive an email notification from CEA's appointed examination administrator informing them of their examination results about 4-6 weeks after the examination.
Appeal for Review of REA Examination Results
Appeals for review of REA examination results must be submitted to CEA's appointed examination administrator using the prescribed forms provided within 7 working days from the date of the notification of examination results. A non-refundable fee of S$53.50 (inclusive of goods and services tax) is charged for the review of the examination papers. Candidates will be informed in writing of the outcome of the appeal within 14 working days from day of submission of appeal. Candidates will not be shown their answer scripts.
Validity of REA Examination Results
All REA course participants are required to pass the REA examination within 2 years from the date of issuance of the REA course completion certificate. Candidates with a partial pass in the REA examination are required to pass the remaining paper(s) within the 2-year timeframe. Should they fail to do so, the partial pass in the REA examination will not be valid and candidates will have to re-take the REA course before attempting the full REA examination again.
Upon passing the REA examination, the candidate will be issued the REA examination certificate. If the candidate wishes to assume the role of the Key Executive Officer (KEO) or Practising Director or Practising Partner of an estate agent, he/she must submit his/her application through the estate agent within 2 years from the month of passing the examination, failing which the examination results will no longer be valid for such purposes.
REA Examination Rules
The REA examination is administered by CEA's appointed examination administrator, NTUC LearningHub ("LHUB"). Candidates may refer to LHUB's website for the full listing of examination rules and regulations.
Below are some of the important examination rules that candidates are reminded to note:
- The REA examination commences at 7.00pm. Candidates are reminded to be punctual. Candidates who arrive at the examination registration counter after the 15 minutes grace period (i.e. 7.15pm) will NOT be allowed to sit for the examination. No refund of the examination fee will be given to the candidates.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry their mobile devices during the examination. All mobile devices must be switched off (No vibration or airplane mode is allowed) and placed at the designated area in front of the classroom. Any candidate found to be in possession of their mobile devices or fails to switch off their mobile devices during the examination will be immediately disqualified from the examination.
- All copies of the questions and examination papers are the property of CEA and must be returned to the invigilator at the end of the examination. Recording of the examination questions in any form is strictly prohibited. Any candidate who is found to have recorded the examination question and/or leaves the examination hall with the examination paper will be immediately disqualified from the examination and reported to CEA. CEA reserves the right to bar the candidate from future examinations.
- CEA and NTUC LearningHub take a serious view on cheating during the examination. Candidates found guilty of such act will be disqualified from the examination and reported to CEA. CEA reserves the right to bar the candidate from future examinations.