Appeal to the Appeals Board
If you are aggrieved by a decision of a Disciplinary Committee, you may lodge an appeal with the Appeals Board. The Appeals Board is independent of CEA. Please click here (PDF,147KB) for the list of Appeals Board members
The appeal process is as follows:
Step 1: Lodging an appeal to the Appeals Board
|*Important: In view of the COVID-19 measures, the Appeals Board has waived the requirement to submit 6 copies of the completed Notice of Appeal until further notice. To lodge an appeal, please send a signed PDF copy of the completed Notice of Appeal to email@example.com. During this period, payment of the non-refundable appeal fee of $1,000 will be accepted via internet banking only. Payment details will be provided via email within 2 working days upon receiving the Notice of Appeal. Any inconvenience caused is regretted. |
You will need to submit 6 copies of the completed Notice of Appeal within 14 days* after being notified of the decision in person or in writing. Please use the Notice of Appeal template here (PDF,11.6KB). The Notice of Appeal should include your contact number and email address, and 1 copy of the written decision of the Council or Disciplinary Committee.
You will also need to pay a non-refundable fee of $1,000. Please submit a cheque made payable to the "Ministry of National Development", and ensure that the cheque is crossed "Not Negotiable" and "Account Payee Only". The following should be written at the back of the cheque: "Attn: Secretary to Appeals Board".
Please submit all documents (including appeal fee) at the following address:
(Attn: Secretary to Appeals Board)
Tower Block MND Complex
Level 21 Registry
5 Maxwell Road
Please note the operating hours as follows:
8am to 6pm (Mon – Thu)
8am to 5.30pm (Fri)
(Closed for lunch from 1pm to 2pm)
Step 2: Petition of Appeal
Within 21 days* after the deadline to lodge the Notice of Appeal, you will need to submit 6 copies of the following:
- the completed Petition of Appeal. Please use the Petition of Appeal template here (PDF,103KB).
- the written decision of the Council or Disciplinary Committee;
- all documents supporting the grounds of appeal ; and
- any documents supporting the arguments of fact or law.
Step 3: Response & Answer
Thereafter, the Secretary will forward the Petition of Appeal and relevant documents to CEA. CEA will file a response which will be forwarded to you. Upon receiving the response, you will need to file 6 copies of your answer with the Secretary within 21* days.
Where an appellant fails to lodge his Petition of Appeal within the period specified, the appeal shall be deemed to be withdrawn.
Step 4: Appeal Hearing
- Pre-Hearing Conference. The Appeals Board may direct parties to attend a pre-hearing conference to issue directions in relation to the appeal. The Secretary will notify parties involved of any pre-hearing conference.
- Appeal Hearing. Relevant parties will be notified of the appeal hearing date. If you fail to appear at the hearing, the Appeals Board committee may treat the appeal as withdrawn.
The decision of the Appeals Board is final.
The Estate Agents (Appeals) Rules may be downloaded here.
For enquiries on the appeals process, please call 6222-1211 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6222-1211.