List of Recognised and Equivalent Qualifications
I. Recognised Industry Examinations
- Real Estate Salesperson examination (RES)
- Real Estate Agency examination (REA)
II. Qualifications Equivalent to RES and REA examination
|CEA has reviewed the list of academic qualifications deemed to be equivalent to a pass in the RES examination and a pass in the REA examination. We have amended the Estate Agents (Licensing and Registration) Regulations 2010 which is effective from 1 March 2023.
Students enrolled in the National University of Singapore's Bachelor of Science (Real Estate) course, and Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Diploma in Real Estate Business course from 1 April 2020 onwards will be affected by the changes in CEA's licensing and registration framework.
|Name of Qualifications
|Bachelor of Science (Real Estate)1
||National University of Singapore (NUS)
|Bachelor of Science (Estate Management)2
|Bachelor of Real Estate (Property Management)2
|Bachelor of Real Estate (Valuation)2
|Diploma in Real Estate Business1
||Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP)
|Diploma In Building Management2
|Diploma In Building & Real Estate Management2
|Diploma In Property Development & Facilities Management2
||Singapore Polytechnic (SP)
|Diploma In Building & Property Management2
Updated on 28 February 2023
- The Bachelor of Science (Real Estate) course and Diploma in Real Estate Business course are currently offered by NUS and NP respectively:
a. Students enrolled in these two courses on or after 1 April 2020 and subsequently attain these qualifications will be granted partial exemption from one RES examination paper (i.e. Paper 1) and one REA examination paper (i.e. Paper 1). They will be required to take RES examination Paper 2, and REA examination Papers 2 and 3.
b. Existing students enrolled in these two courses before 1 April 2020 and subsequently attain these qualifications will not be affected by the amendments to the Regulations. These students, together with past graduates, will continue to be granted full exemption from the RES and REA examinations.
- These courses are no longer offered by NUS, NP and SP. Past graduates who are holders of these academic qualifications will not be affected by the amendments to the Regulations. These qualifications will continue to be recognised as passes in the RES and REA examinations.
- Individuals who have passed all 3 examinations in General Practice by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) on or before 1 March 2023 shall be deemed to have obtained qualifications equivalent to a pass in the RES and REA examinations.
- Holders of all other qualifications will be required to take and pass the RES or REA examination if they wish to become an RES or a KEO respectively.