Back to Top

Contest questions for the 1/2017 issue

The Read & Win Contest for the 1/2017 issue of CEAnergy is now open till 28 April 2017, 11.59pm. You must be a CEAnergy subscriber to participate.

  1. True or False: Foreign developers cannot market their properties in Singapore unless they are licensed by the CEA.
  2. Consumers can search for information on a property agent using CEA’s Public Register. The details of a property agent on his/her individual profile list the following information (Select all that apply):
    • Agent’s name
    • Agent’s photograph
    • Agent’s CEA registration number
    • Agent’s phone number
    • Property agency that Agent belongs to
    • Property agency’s CEA licence number
  3. Name the portal that allows you to access you property title(s) and boundary plan(s) for free.

Answer all the questions correctly in our online contest and you could win $30 worth of shopping vouchers! By participating in this contest, you are deemed to have agreed to our contest rules and regulations.

Hint: All answers can be found in this issue’s articles.

CEAnergy 2016 year-end issue Read & Win Contest Answers and Winners

Here are the answers to our Read & Win Contest in the 2016 year-end issue!

  1. Property agents can only handle certain monies. Name any three of such monies and the transaction type.

    Answer: Property agents can handle the following types of monies for these transaction types:

    Transaction type Types of monies

    Sale and purchase of all properties in Singapore

    • Valuation fees
    • Commission

    Lease of private property

    • Valuation fees (if applicable)
    • Commission
    • Stamp duty fees
    • Rental deposits
    • Monthly rental

    Lease of HDB property

    • Commission
    • Stamp duty fees
  2. True or False: A property agent can act for both the buyer/tenant and seller/landlord in the same transaction and receive commission from both parties?

    Answer: False.

    It is an offence for a property agent to be appointed by both tenants/buyers and landlords/sellers for the same property transaction. This will be dual representation, which is prohibited. This means a property agent can only act for ONE client in a property transaction.

  3. Name the online portal you can use to check the allowed uses for shophouse units.

    Answer: URA SPACE.

    This portal consolidates detailed land use and private property-related information into a one-stop platform presented on geospatial maps.

Congratulations to our five winners:

  • Ng Wenhui (R009778D)
  • Cathryn Ang Seow Peng (R055052G)
  • Loo Wei Kiah (SXXX1308H)
  • Ong Chee Keong Alex (R051698A)
  • Patricia Ooi Beng Kim (R050281F)